Linux Admin & Network Management
Linux Admin & Network ManagementWorkshop
This technical workshop is designed to teach require knowledge to plan, designed and operate Linux/Unix based system for ISP/Telco/Enterprise network or campus network, or at an Internet exchange Point (IXP). The topics that will be covered are: from the very basic to the professional level knowledge and the industry related best practices.
Entry level to senior technical and design staff of network operators or enterprise, who are involved in day-to-day network operation and planning function.
It is assumed that participants have a good understanding of network operations, Internet technologies, OSI reference model, TCP/IP, operating system knowledge and relevance topic.
- Introduction to Linux
- Linux Commands and the CLI, file system structure, permissions etc
- Shell Scripting Basics
- Apache, DNS etc
- Network Monitoring & Management
- SNMP, SNMP Lab Exercise etc
- Observium, Nagios, Nagios Lab exercise
- Smokeping, Smokeping Lab
- Log Management rsyslog, Tenshi, Logstash, Rsyslog Lab
- Netflow & Nfsen and Lab
- Cacti & Cacti lab
- Version control RANCID, SVNWeb
- Netdot, Netdot Lab
- Ticketing Systems (RT), Ticketing Systems (Nagios / Cacti w/RT) etc Lab
Please be aware that participants are required to bring laptops with pre-installed Linux (preferably Ubuntu or CentOS desktop edition).
Maximum number of attendee:
30 participants per workshop.
Participants Group Photo: