bdNOG 11 fellowship result published
Md. Mahfuzul Alam
Md. Mhamud Hossain Ereash
Kazi Ahsan Uzzaman
The purpose of the bdNOG Fellowship Program is to give opportunities to Internet network engineers and operators from the less privileged parts of the Bangladesh region to participate in the countries’ premier Internet Operations and Technology summit. The award is open to anyone who meets the criteria described below. Selected fellows will have an opportunity to network with colleagues in the industry, learn first-hand about bdNOG and its related activities, and then return home with new insights to aid them in their professional development.
Fellowship Award Package
Applicants selected for the bdNOG11 Fellowship program will receive the following support:
- 100% of the Registration Fees for either the Workshop or Conference week.
- 100% of the Accommodation Costs
- Twin Share Venue Hotel Accommodation ( Including Breakfast Only )
- Check in 10th JAN & Check out 14th JAN ( 4 Nights )
- A contribution towards bus fare up to a total of BDT 5,000.00 Taka/Per Person.
|Time Zone||Asia/Dhaka (UTC +06:00)|
|Application Open Date||Wednesday, 11 December 2019 at 02:00|
|Application Close Date||Monday, 23 December 2019 at 23:55|
|Rating Start Date||Tuesday, 24 December 2019 at 09:00|
|Rating End Date||Monday, 30 December 2019 at 23:55|
|Publication of Successful Applicants||Thursday, 2 January 2020 at 16:00|
Applications are open only to residents of Republic of Bangladesh and within 30 Years of Age.
Applicants need to be actively involved in Internet development in any of the following capacities:
- Network engineering and Network design
- Network operations and Network Operation Centre
- Internet systems engineering and systems operations
- Educators and Trainers
- Researchers and Academics
Applicants for the bdNOG Fellowship need to:
- Demonstrate financial hardship that would make participation in bdNOG otherwise impossible.
- Demonstrate a track record in sharing what is learned with colleagues and peers.
- Describe their local Internet community involvement in a technical or operational capacity.
Terms & Conditions
The accommodation provided for Fellows is a twin share room and includes breakfast. All Fellows must have sufficient funds to cover any incidental costs incurred in the hotel or in Cox’s Bazar. Fellows will avail all kind of food in the event provided by bdNOG. Without that no meal (e.g. dinner ) will be provided. bdNOG is not responsible for costs incurred by Fellows inside the HOTEL for using other services like MiniBar, Laundry etc.
Successful Fellows will be requested to accept or decline their fellowship by email reply to the invitation from the bdNOG Fellowship Committee Chairs as per the schedule. The acceptance of the Fellowship must include a copy of their confirmed and paid for bus itinerary to Cox’s Bazar.
It is the prospective Fellow's responsibility to ensure they have provided a working email address, and that they monitor email during the period in question. The deadlines are not negotiable.
bdNOG Fellowship is a privilege and all Fellows are required to participate fully during either the workshops or conference, and all meetings and social events organised by bdNOG for the Fellows (both separately and with other delegates). Failure to do so may result in withdrawal of the Fellowship award.
All applicants must be fully aware and agree to accept all terms & conditions of the fellowship as stipulated in the application webpage